Thursday, August 20, 2009

Elephant Baby Shower Brunch

Last week I finally finished the green and blue elephant invitations I had been working on for Amy. She and some friends in Seattle are hosting a baby shower brunch for a friend. I wanted to design something personal, and a little different from the usual baby shower invite. So I thought it would be nice to incorporate a theme I knew she would like. Since of course she picked it out! I had Amy email me a picture of the bedding for the nursery. Below is a picture of the gorgeous linens found at Babies R Us. The bedding is an adorable elephant theme called Emory, by CoCaLo. To go along with the invite, I sent her some decoration and food ideas also. Below is a mood board I put together with different inspirations found on the world wide web! Starting at the top left moving clockwise:
*These great outdoor decorating ideas are from an article in Country Living
*I thought the cute drink labels were festive and easy to make. I found these on a great blog called Accent The Party. This is definitely one to add to your favs.
*The tissue pom poms are super easy to make. There are instructions and photos on MarthaStewart.com
*You can find these great elephant wall sticker ideas at WordsWithMelissa
*Simple, and cheap, paper lanterns are available at LunaBazaar.com
*Easy and elegant blue and green food ideas are at ThePartyDress.com
*And last but not least, the light green polka dotted favor boxes tied with adorable coordinating ribbons found at Tastefully Entertaining.[via flickr user Northern Transplant]

6 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and I LOVE these invitations. DO you sell them? I am throwing a shower for my best friend and she is using similar bedding in her nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emilee, I would be happy to talk to you about this invitation design... Please email me at chitatoba2@aol.com

    Thanks, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm hosting a baby shower for a good friend and she has to have a blue (really turquoise) drink. It has to be non alchoholic. What type of drink did you serve. You did a wonderful job, everything looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070425135428AAxwOc1

    Check out this link! There is a ton of blue drink recipes! I didn't actually host this shower, so I don't know what drink she used. This was just an inspiration board I put together for a friend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the LINK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Econet Mobile brings you competitive rates and the highest quality on international mobile calls to Africa and beyond. Use Econet Mobile to stay in touch with your family, friends and colleagues whenever and wherever you choose.
    http://www.eurocallingcards.com/econet/

    ReplyDelete