Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Like I promised, here is a blog of a few things I have been sewing lately. First up, is an outfit I made for Catie's 18 month pictures. Below, is the yellow layered tulle skirt. I wanted something hip and fun, so I decided that a reconfigured band t-shirt would do.. You may recognize the Old 97's logo from a skirt I made Catie a few months ago... When it came down to it, she never really wore the skirt, so I recycled it once again into this cool shirt! I KNOW she will wear the heck out of this. I found some groovy coordinating fabric and jazzed it up a bit. I was quite happy with how it turned out.For round two of Catie's photos, we did an adorable tea party scene with just her and her daddy. Below is an apron I made for that. She looooves wearing this around the house, especially since she got a new play kitchen last weekend. She is the cutest pretend chef I've ever seen....A few weeks ago, we went to a birthday party for one of Catie's friends, Kori. Not wanting to show up with the usual toys, I decided to make her these little t-shirts. One with her initial on it and a fray ruffle along the bottom, and the other in a cool flower design... They were so easy and took only a couple of hours to finish both!
Now these are a couple of my favs.... Recently, my friend Tracy gave birth to her little girl Elliott. She had a cupcake themed sip and see for family and friends to meet the newest addition. She asked me to make her some coordinating hand towels and a ruffle-bum onesie. The towels were set out at a hand washing station(can't be too wary of germs around a newbie), and Miss E wore the little onesie that matched. I really enjoyed making these. The cupcakes were the inspiration for Catie's little apron....

That about wraps it up for now, but keep checking back for new projects and fun stuff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment