Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Gifts Galore

So, want to know why my blogs have been slacking lately??? Below is the reason. Besides the fact of the holidays being hectic all on their own, I had to add to that with tons of sewing projects! Some are not from the holidays, but still deserved to be blogged about~
Starting with my sister-in-law, Emily's gifts I made for her daughter Jenna. I made her a birdie applique onesie with a pull-over skirt. I also added a chiffon flower head band with a matching button in the center.Now, rather than making the gifts all about Emily, I had to throw a daddy present in there. Tom just LOVES the San Antonio Spurs, so I found some great spurs fabric, along with some matching fleece fabric. I made this cute little Spurs rufflebum onesie with the matching headband. Then, I had to make a matching fleece blankie with Jenna's initial on it. To take it a little further, I used black thread to outline the orange circle to make the shape of a basketball! In the picture it is hard to see, but its there.After Emily received her handmade gifts, she insisted that I make some special onesies for Tom's sister, Elizabeth. She just had her little baby girl, and Emily wanted a special gift for her new niece. Now, Elizabeth and her husband are very big Oakland A's fans. Luckily for me I was able to find a quilting square on Ebay for 2 dollars. I made this onesie, skirt and matching headband out of 1 square! It was perfect! I then found some very pretty, girly Christmas fabric, and made her a Christmas Tree rufflebum onesie. I loved this fabric so much that I made Catie's Christmas shirt and bow out of it later...Earlier, in October, my friend Kelli had her baby shower in Austin. I made some cute onesies for her little girl, Meela. Along with a black and white blankie with pink fleece. I put it altogether in this basket. Since I designed the shower invitations, I made her some matching Thank You cards, added some items from her registry, and voila! Back in September, my friend Trish threw a "Cars" themed birthday party for her son, Grayson. He turned two, and really needed a travelling nap mat. Well, I made this nap mat cover for him, complete with attached pillow and carrying straps. It was a difficult project to figure out, but once I was finished it was definitely worth the trouble!Below is a matching blanket and pillow that I made for my friend Tracy. These are the fabrics used in her daughters adorable birdie themed nursery. Earlier this year, I also made the crib skirt for Miss Elliott. I used the same striped fabric that was used as the birdie's wing. If you would like to see more of Elliott's nursery click here! Her mom is also quite crafty. She makes all sorts of custom painted letters and pictures. She has recently mastered the art of bow making too!! Now, last but not least, is the dress that i made for Catie to wear on Thanksgiving. I bought a great dress pattern at an ETSY shop called Heidi And Finn. I altered the pattern a little bit, to make a plain dress. Rather than adding the bow I wanted to put this cute turkey pattern on it. A little ruffle along the bottom, and it was perfect! Catie looked adorable in her dress. This is the same pattern I used, but with the bow, for her Christmas outfit(pictured above)... I just shortened it to make a shirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment