Thursday, July 2, 2009

Basket-Fantastic!

With all of the baby showers I have been going to, I thought it would be nice to give some cute, personal home-made baby gifts. You saw the baby items i made for my friend Melissa, who has since had her little girl Briley. (A very big Congrats to her! She is adorable.) Well, this blog is all about gifts made for baby Elliott. She will be joining us very soon, and her baby shower was a little over a month ago. Below are a few items that I made for her. First, is this little ruffle-bum onesie. Her mom is decorating the nursery with cute little birds so I thought it only fitting to make her a birdie onesie. I had so much fun with this. I found out that you can buy adorable quilting squares at the fabric store for about a dollar. They are the perfect size for these crafts. I found 3 coordinating colors and made her a matching pair of little baby booties. They have very soft fleece for the bottoms, and are completely washable! I got the pattern and instructions from a great sewing blog called Stardust Shoes.

After making the onesie, I found a great idea for a sleeper/lounger on ETSY. I figured I could make my own, so taking the extra fabric left over I made this cute, matching lounger. I did each side in different fabric, but it would be cute as all one pattern.

Since I designed the invitations for the shower, I decided to have matching Thank You cards printed. I added a few items like burp cloths and a cute pair of store bought pink tennis shoes to the basket. I tied everything up with matching brown ribbon, and printed out matching labels and congrats card. Wrapped everything up in tulle, and in about a day I had a great little gift basket!

Now, I had to drive about 5 hours to get to this shower, so rather than dragging Catie along I left her overnight with Daddy...As you can see below, when Mommy's away, the kids will play. Apparently, I should have put up my fabrics and tulle before I left!!

No comments:

Post a Comment