Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Teddy Bear Picnic 1st Birthday

I have a friend, Kate, who is going to be celebrating her son's first birthday very soon. She and her husband have a cute nickname for little Michael, Teddy Bear! So, its only natural that she is wanting that to play a big part in the party theme. She asked me to help her find some good ideas for her party, and while I was searching I came across a great children's song that I actually remembered from when I was little, The Teddy Bears Picnic... Well, once I had this idea in my head, I just had to run with it. Below, is a fun mood board I put together with lots of fun pictures I found on the web. After that, is the invitation for her party! Its going to be soooo cute!1-6 are found on a very cute blog called Imprintables. I love the red gingham table cloth, and using the yellow napkins as a pop of color.
7 is a great party package that can be found in an ETSY shop called Everything but the Cake. This comes with the banner, favor tags and even a very cute cake topper. So easy.
8 is an awesome Teddy Graham trail mix that would be great as a party snack, or put in small mason jars covered with fabric and tied with ribbon as a party favor. I found this idea on the Playdate Magazine webpage.
9 & 10 are great picnic ideas found at Canadian Family. I really like the idea of using picnic baskets as decor, and filling them with art supplies and fun stuff the kids can play with during the party.

3 comments:

  1. The party was a success! Thank you so much for all of your help! I used almost all of your ideas- I cannot thank you enough for everything!! I dropped your name to a couple people who asked about the invitation and mentioned it in my blog as well! Thank you again for everything!!!
    Kate
    http://kateandgeoffhatch.blogspot.com/2009/11/happy-birthday-michael.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lovely blog, I have really enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know about this info on first birthday party. Last month, I attended my cousin’s birthday at one of grand venues in NYC. Decorated venue with flowers and ornaments and enjoyed well at party. Hired one of reputed catering services!

    ReplyDelete