Friday, November 13, 2009

Pretty in Pink

I recently had the pleasure of hosting a baby shower for my sister-in-law, Emily. She is having a little girl, and asked me to plan an intimate little luncheon for a few of her close friends. I absolutely loved working on this shower because I had complete carte blanche. So, having this power, I decided to make it an explosion of pink!!
I got most of my inspiration from a Pretty in Pink baby shower hosted by Amy at Stem Parties Blogspot. This is one of my favorite blogs. I emailed Amy to find out what style of invitation she used for her shower, and after she sent me the link I had the perfect idea.... So, I came up with this invitation.Next, was figuring out the decorations. I got everything I needed from Stem. She had links to all of the adorable paper daisies and the pregnant dress forms. I just bought a few spools of ribbon, pink table cloth and pink and white checked fabric from Wal-Mart. The flowers and vases were seriously 3 dollars a bunch and 2 dollars a vase at Wal-Mart! I used 2 bunches of pink flowers and 3 of the small vases. Instead of water, I just crumpled up an iridescent tissue paper to fill the vases. To give the dress form a little more height, I put an empty Gerber Crunchies carton under the fabric! ha ha! it fit perfectly!! For the custom record labels, I just used the same fonts and colors of the invitations I made. Then, I cut them out and using scrapbook tape, attached them to the fronts of old unused records! Super easy! The buffet table comes next. Lucky for me, my mother-in-law has an empty dining room. We had plenty of room to set up an 8 foot folding table for all of the food. Unfortunately, I did not get a picture of the buffet after all of the food was set up, but you get the idea!I also decided to do a dessert buffet and drink bar. We had a pink punch for the mommy to be & the non-drinkers. Plus strawberry-banana or cranberry mimosas for the others... The punch was quite tasty! For the mimosas I just used canned strawberry-banana nectar with champagne! Very good!!!! I made the white chocolate strawberries myself, but we ordered the cupcakes from a great bakery in Colleyville called Trio. Not only were they beautiful, but they were delicious too! We also ordered the chicken salad from Trio. Very scrumptious!!I printed out custom water bottle labels. I also bought a package of 12 small mason jars at Wal-Mart for 7 dollars, and printed out the favor labels using an Avery Label template. I just cut them out into circles and filled the jars with mints! Super easy, and very cheap!Here are just a few random photos of the rest of the decorations!
And of course to end with a couple pictures of the glowing, Mommy-to-be!!! I love you Emily, and we can't wait to meet Jenna!

No comments:

Post a Comment